Objection # 6 : Lands must be Conquered:
According to Islamic teachings, the earth is Allah’s. If there are parts of the earth not following Islamic law, it is the duty of the faithful to gain control of that land and establish Shari’a. It is a sin to let it be. Lost lands must be reconquered (Spain and Israel, for example).
Bible and Qur’an agree that the God is the supreme Creator of universe: [Qur’an;59:24; Genesis;1:1,26] He is Absolute sovereign (Qur’an;59:23,5:28, Daniel;4:25,35), Mighty (Qur’an;2:255,11:66; Job;36:5) and Omnipotent (Qur’an;6:18,61; Geneses17:1; Exodus;6:3). He is the Lord of Universe: “Lord of the heavens and of the earth and all between them, and Lord of every point at the rising of the sun!”[Qur’an; 37:5]. “To Him belongs what is In the heavens and on earth, and all between them, and all beneath the soil.”[Qur’an; 20:6.]. “fill heaven and earth? says the LORD”[Jeremiah;23:24, 1Kings;8:27]. The whole universe belongs to Him, He does not need human help to gain control of land, which He has created and is the Lord:
“For, had God so willed, He could surely have made you all one single community; however, He lets go astray him that wills [to go astray], and guides aright him that wills [to be guided]; and you will surely be called to account for all that you ever did!”[Qur’an:16:93]
The gaining control of lands and people, for material gains, glory and power is not the objective of a good Muslim. [Already explained above in comments # 4] who has to understand, practice and then convey the message of God to the humanity in peaceful environments without coercions.[Qur’an;2:256, 16:25]
The message of Islam is to be conveyed to the humanity peacefully, the question arises then why the Muslims armies smashed the Persian, Byzantine and other empire around Arabia?
1) The answerer two folds, firstly according to the traditional procedure of Allah, if a Messenger (Rasool) himself delivers the message of guidance to the community or nations, and they became rebellious by refusing to accept it: then those nations and communities were entitled to divine punishment. (Qur’an; 5:33-34, 11:117, 13:32, 28:59, 65:8, 73:15-16). Allah says: “But those who disobey Allah and His Messenger and transgress His limits will be admitted to a fire, to abide therein: and They shall have a humiliating punishment.”(Qur’an;4:14). Besides punishment in hereafter, the punishment in this world is either through the followers of the messenger if they are strong enough, but if they are weak in numbers and strength then the Divine punishment befalls upon them through natural calamites resulting in their destruction. The example of Divine punishment to the nations of Noah, Aad, Samood and Lot (peace be upon them) in the form of destruction through natural calamities like floods, earthquakes, tornados etc are well recorded in Qur’an and Bible [Genesis; 7:1-24, 8:1-22, Ge 18:16-33; 19:1-29; De 23:17, 29:23; 32:32; Isa 1:9-10; 3:9; 13:19; Jer 23:14; Eze 16:46-56; Zep 2:9; Mt 10:15; Ro 9:29; 2Pe 2:6, Exodus;15:4. Qur’an 25:37, 26:171-174, 51:37, 54:41-42, 23:48, 41:16,7:78, 11:67, 11:82, 29:37-40]. The Jews continue to suffer for disobeying and humiliating Prophet Jesus Christ, the Son of Mary [peace be upon him]. A large number of Jews were killed by fellow men on command of God for disobedience to Moses and calf worship (Exodus;32:1-35).
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), prior to his death (632 C.E) had invited the rulers of neighboring powers to Islam through epistles and emissaries. Those who responded negatively, they were entitled for Divine punishment as per the tradition of God. After Prophet (peace be upon him), this pending task was accomplished by his successors by subduing the Byzantine and Persian empires. It is no more applicable now. Apart from Divine punishment the object of Jihad was not to coerce them to accept Islam, but to ensure that freedom of choice is provided to the people of neighboring areas to choose between truth (Haqq) and falsehood (Batil), forced conversion is prohibited by Qur’an;2:256. The non Muslims always enjoyed freedom of faith as protected citizens under Muslim rule. It is incorrect to consider every war fought by Muslims as Jihad. Jihad is the struggle only for the cause of Allah (jihad-fi-sabi-lillah): the concept of Jihad was nevertheless, used by some medieval Muslim rulers (even presently by some groups) to justify wars motivated by self power, sectarianism, geographical and economic ambitions.
After the death of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in 632 C.E, initially the early Muslim caliphates, the Arabs, then the Persians and later the Turks set about to convey the message of Islam to the humanity. The tyrant oppressor rulers did not allow the freedom to convey the message of Islam to their people. It was different world to 21st century. They had to be subdued in order to free the people from oppression and listen to the message of Islam. “… so that he may hear the word of Allah and then escort him to where he can be secure: that is because they are men without knowledge” (Qur’an;9:6). In process they created classical Islamic civilization. Later, in the 13th century, both Africa and India became great centers of Islamic civilization and soon thereafter Muslim kingdoms were established in the Far East in Malay-Indonesian world while Muslims flourished in China with the efforts of Muslim traders and preachers. It is unprecedented in the history of mankind wherein the uncivilized people of the desert, became torch bearers of the great civilization of the world with in a short period of 23 years. It was only possible due to the strict adherence to the faith of Islam, its doctrine, beliefs and practices, effectively preached and demonstrated by Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). His successors carried forward his mission with zeal and devotion, enjoining good and forbidding evil; and observing the limits set by Allah.
The super power status facilitated in extending the Muslim influence and in conveying the message of Islam world over, even in the areas not directly under Muslim rule. Forced conversion is forbidden in Islam (Qur’an;2:256), as evident that, despite Muslim rule in Spain, India and Eastern Europe for centuries, the majority of population remained non Muslim and freely continued to practice their faith. Where as, after the end of eight centuries of Muslim rule in Spain (711-1492 C.E) Muslims and Jews were forced to convert to Christianity and those who declined, were expelled by force. The Muslim traders and preachers through their good conduct and moral righteousness achieved the miracle of conversion in Indonesia, Malaysia in the Far East. The East coast of Africa as far down as Mozambique, as well as the bulk of the inhabitants on the West coast of the continent are Muslims, but history does not record any invading hoards of Muslims from anywhere. This forced De Lacy O’Leary in to write: ‘History makes it clear however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of the sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myths that historians have ever repeated.’ (“Islam at the Crossroads” London, 1923, p.8). Despite all the negative propaganda by the hostile media, even after 9/11, Islam remains the fastest growing religion in North America and Europe, no one is carrying the sword to force the conversion. The Muslim conquests of the seventh century and thereafter have continued to play an important role in human history, down to the present day due to the significance and capacity of Islamic civilization to influence the humanity, which emerged from the direction provided by Islam in the moral, spiritual, sociopolitical, economic and all other aspects of human life.
In present time the above mentioned two reasons are no more applicable. Under UN Character, people enjoy the freedom to preach and practice any religion. More over the latest communication like, satellite TV channels and internet have brought the people ever closer in a global village. They can freely communicate, so Islam is the fastest growing religion. The lost lands can be reconquered not with sword and guns but with the sword of spirit of Divine message.
Also Read More >>>>
- Muslim Non-Muslims Relationship
- Dealing Non-Muslims-1
- Payment of Tax-Jazyah
- Equitable Muslim Rule of Spain
- Human Rights of Non Muslims
- Non Muslims Not considered as Friends?
- Dealing Non Muslims-2Eliminate Infidels
- Double Standards in Preaching
- Kill Non-Muslims
- Threat of End of World
- Prophet Muhammad’s Everlasting Promise to Christians
- Abraham To Muhammad (pbut)
- Jerusalem, Covenant, Chosen Race
- Impact of Islam on Christianity & West
- Bible & Quran התנ\”ך \x26 הקוראן
- Muslims:Rise and Decline
- Comparison: Three Faiths from Abraham
- Islam Christianity
- The Dialogue of Civilisations (PDF file)
- Muslim Heritage in Our World: Social Cohesion
- How Islam Created the Modern World
- Muslim Science (PDF file) and more
- Islam and The Christian West- Historic overview of Relationship:
- Jihad- Myth and Reality
- Reality of “Mardin fatwa” of Ibn Taymiyyah to justify mass murder …
- Jihad-Myth and Reality
- Terrorism Strictly Forbidden in Islam Edict, Fatwa
- The Suicide Bomber Prophet
- The Most Violent Prophet in History
- Unholy War: Terror in the Name of Islam
- 5 Ridiculous Things you Probably Believe About Islam
- Politics Behind Misunderstanding Islam
- What really drives suicide terrorists?
- Terrorism? – It’s the Occupation, Stupid:
- Unholy War: Terror in the Name of Islam
- Islam and Democracy-A Debate