The common misconception that; “The Muslims are commanded by Qur’an to be hostile with the non Muslims”, is far from truth. On the contrary Qur’an urges the Muslims to keep normal relationship with non Muslims based upon, “Equity, Kindness and Love” [Qur’an;60:7-9]. The Christians and Jews being ‘people of scripture’ are accorded special status, to the extent that Muslims are allowed to eat their food [kosher] and marry their chaste women, what else could be the level of intimacy! Muslims are urged to resist oppression and fight in self defense with those who expel or aid in expelling them from their homes due to their faith and belief. Those non Muslims who do not indulge in such an activity against them are to be treated with kindness and equity [Qur’an:22:39-40]. The actual cause of antagonism with non Muslims is not their disbelief but their hostility to Islam and their tyrannical treatment of the followers of Islam. The Muslims, therefore, should distinguish between the hostile disbeliever and the non-hostile disbeliever, and should treat those disbelievers well who have never treated them evilly. Unfortunately extremists on both sides, misquote the Qur’anic verses out of context to support their own ideas and concepts and use it for malicious propagandas. Equitable treatment of non Muslims in Muslim Spain, Palestine, Ottoman Caliphate, Muslim rule in India and elsewhere is living testimony to the fact. Muslim history does not have any example comparable to Spanish inquisition and ethnic cleansing, but some isolated distortion of history. Though use of power is permissible for self defense or for freedom of oppressed people under tyrant rulers, however it was also used for imperial aspirations, a part of historic process. The events like Crusades took place upon instigation of over ambitious clergy, which if allowed to be repeated would result in bloodshed as in past. Non Muslims have been playing important role in development of Muslim empires. If they could mutually coexist in peace in the past, why not now?
Even Jesus Christ accords highest priority to good relations and fair treatment to others while summing up the teachings of entire Bible [as known now] in one verse: “Love thy neighbor as thyself”. The modern communications have made this world as a ‘Global Village’, nations all across world are closer like neighbors. All the three major scriptures are unanimous on the good treatment of neighbors [Qur’an;4:36, Al-Tirmidhi Hadith,11, 1334, Talmud, Shabbat 31:a, Matthew 22:39-40,7:12, Luke;6:31, similarly Leviticus 19:18].
Hence why practice violence and extremis on the name of religion while the Holy Scriptures do not sanction it. Let’s remove the mist of selfishness and strive for world peace. Still there is much needs to be explained and many questions to be answered below….
So Read More >>>>
- Muslim Non-Muslims Relationship
- Dealing Non-Muslims-1
- Payment of Tax-Jazyah
- Equitable Muslim Rule of Spain
- Human Rights of Non Muslims
- Non Muslims Not considered as Friends?
- Dealing Non Muslims-2Eliminate Infidels
- Double Standards in Preaching
- Kill Non-Muslims
- Threat of End of World
- Prophet Muhammad’s Everlasting Promise to Christians
- Abraham To Muhammad (pbut)
- Jerusalem, Covenant, Chosen Race
- Impact of Islam on Christianity & West
- Bible & Quran התנ\”ך \x26 הקוראן
- Muslims:Rise and Decline
- Comparison: Three Faiths from Abraham
- Islam Christianity
- The Dialogue of Civilisations (PDF file)
- Muslim Heritage in Our World: Social Cohesion
- How Islam Created the Modern World
- Muslim Science (PDF file) and more
- Islam and The Christian West- Historic overview of Relationship:
- Jihad- Myth and Reality
- Reality of “Mardin fatwa” of Ibn Taymiyyah to justify mass murder …
- Jihad-Myth and Reality
- Terrorism Strictly Forbidden in Islam Edict, Fatwa
- The Suicide Bomber Prophet
- The Most Violent Prophet in History
- Unholy War: Terror in the Name of Islam
- 5 Ridiculous Things you Probably Believe About Islam
- Politics Behind Misunderstanding Islam
- What really drives suicide terrorists?
- Terrorism? – It’s the Occupation, Stupid:
- Unholy War: Terror in the Name of Islam
- Islam and Democracy-A Debate